By using the Website, you represent and warrant that:
- All registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such registration information as necessary
- You have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms of Service
- You are not under the age of 18
- You will not access the Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise
- You will not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
- Your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof)
Content Posted By You
We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, forums, message boards, ratings and reviews, and various social media services. It might not be feasible for us to screen or monitor all content that you or others may share or submit on or through our website. However, we reserve the right to review the content and to monitor all use of and activity on our website, and remove or reject any content in our sole discretion..
By posting Content to the Service, You grant Us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You retain any and all of Your rights to any Content You submit, post or display on or through the Service and You are responsible for protecting those rights. You agree that this license includes the right for Us to make Your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use Your Content subject to these Terms.
You represent and warrant that:
- The content belongs to you (you own the content and/or have control over its intellectual property rights) OR you have the right to use it and grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms
- The posting of your content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person
- By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that your content will comply with these Terms of Service and must not be illegal or unlawful or infringe any person’s legal rights
Do not submit any ideas, inventions, works of authorship, or other information that can be considered your own intellectual property that you would like to present to us unless we have first signed an agreement regarding the intellectual property or a non-disclosure agreement. If you disclose it to us absent such written agreement, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media.
Blog Comments Policy
We encourage and welcome comments on our blog. We would also like to thank everyone who takes their time out in posting comments on Sunlight Scholar.
We generally post all the comments which are useful to all of our readers. However, there are certain instances where we edit or delete the comment(s). This includes:
- Comments that are posted solely for the purpose of promotion
- Comments that are spam or have a “spammy” nature
- Comments which use offensive or violent language
- Comments which attack / harass another person individually.
We recommend everyone to follow our comment policy rules to help you keep the blog a constructive place for discussion. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments submitted to this blog at any time without notice. The comment policy may be changed at any point of time.
General Content Restrictions
Sunlight Scholar is not responsible for the content of the Service’s users. You expressly understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the content and for all activity that occurs under your account, whether done so by you or any third person using your account.
You may not transmit any content that is unlawful, offensive, upsetting, intended to disgust, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Examples of such objectionable content include, but are not limited to the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine- or randomly- generated, constituting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of a third person
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights
- Impersonating any person or entity including the Company and its employees or representatives
- Violating the privacy of any third person
- False information and features
Sunlight Scholar reserves the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any content is appropriate and complies with this terms, refuse or remove this content. We further reserve the right to make formatting and edits and change the manner any content. We can also limit or revoke the use of the Service if you post such objectionable content.
As Sunlight Scholar cannot control all content posted by users and/or third parties on the Service, you agree to use the Service at your own risk. You understand that by using the Service you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable. Moreover, you agree that under no circumstances will Sunlight Scholar or its operators be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
By posting your contributions to any part of the Site, or making contributions accessible to the Site by linking your account from the Site to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your contributions provided by you in any area on the Site.
You are solely responsible for your contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any contributions; (2) to re-categorize any contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your contributions.
Guidelines for Reviews
We may provide you areas on the Site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
- You should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed
- Your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language
- Your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability
- Your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity
- You should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews
You should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews
- You should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct
- You may not post any false or misleading statements
- You may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
In the context of electronic messaging, spam refers to unsolicited, bulk or indiscriminate messages, typically sent for a commercial purpose. Sunlight Scholar has a zero-tolerance spam policy on our website or any affiliated platforms, including all pages and communities hosted on external websites and any other communication channels.
Automated Spam Filtering and Human Moderation
We use Automattic’s Akismet plugin to help filter out potential spam and other security risks in public content posted by users on our website to help improve operation and user experience of our Services. Furthermore, comments and other user-submitted content is regularly moderated by a human being to catch suspicious behavior. Furthermore, our messaging systems at Sunlight Scholar automatically scan all incoming email messages, and filter out messages that appear to be spam.
Problems With Spam Filtering/Unwanted Messages
No message filtering system is 100% accurate, and from time to time legitimate messages will be filtered our communications systems. If you believe this has happened to a message you have sent, please advise the message recipient by another means. You can reduce the risk of a message being caught by the spam filters by sending the message in plain text (i.e. no HTML), removing any attachments, and ensuring that your messages are scanned for malware before dispatch. In the unlikely event that you receive any message from Sunlight Scholar or sent using Sunlight Scholar’s systems that may be considered to be spam, please contact us directly using the contact information below or via the contact form on our Website and the matter will be investigated.